Standard B Deck
Type B (Wide Rib) roof deck provides the best balance of strength and economy of all the 1 ½″ deep roof decks. Where rigid roofing insulation is used with B deck, a minimum 1” thickness is required.
- Available with nested side laps, types B, B-Dek, BV, BV-Dek, BA and BA-Dek or with interlocking side laps, types BI, BIV and BIA
- Available as an acoustic deck, types BA, BA-Dek and BIA are manufactured with perforations in the vertical ribs, having an NRC rating of 0.60 to 0.90 when used with rigid roofing insulation, as tested in accordance with ANSI/ASTM C423 and E795
- Available as a vented deck, types BV, BV-Dek and BIV are manufactured with slot vents in the bottom flutes, to be specified when venting is required for cementitious insulation fill. The openings for types BV and BIV can be specified from 0.5% up to 1.5% of total surface. The openings for BV-Dek can be specified from 0.25% up to 2.0% of total surface
- Also available with rolled-in hanger tabs (non-vented types only)
- Type B roof deck is Factory Mutual approved for use as a component in Classes 1-60, 1-75 and 1-90 wind uplift construction. For additional information download FM Tables. When ratings above 1-90 are required, the Contract Documents must specify special requirements in accordance with Factory Mutual Data Sheet 1-29, Section 2.2.3
- Types B, BI and B-Dek are ICC, FM and UL approved
Deck available in lengths from 6′-0″ to 40′-0″. Please check with your local New Millennium facility for lengths outside these parameters. Conforms to ASTM A1008/A1008M for uncoated and painted deck, A653/A653M for galvanized deck. Approved by UL, LLC and listed in the UL and ULC Fire Resistance Directories.
Yield strength up to 80ksi. Refer to published tables for the minimum yield strength used for each deck type, contact New Millennium for availability of higher yield strengths when required, or use our deck specification tool to view load tables with commonly available non-standard yield strengths and/or gages.